Graduate Record Examination (GRE) 2014
Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) 2014 General Test is the only admission test for business school having some different pattern. Graduate Record Examination lets you to change your answers,skip the difficult question and you can tackle the questions you want first .This post will tell you about the What is Graduate Record Examination 2014 ,Graduate Record Examination 2014 exam pattern , How to prepare for Graduate Record Examination 2014 with your current degree?
” I’ll go for MBA after my bachelors”
“I think I’ll go for a company job”
” Mtech/MS will be better for me”
These are some of the common lines that we come across when we talk about what to do after getting our Bachelor’s degree.
If we see right now, none of us have clear aim in our mind. We are always confused about what will be our next step in life after completing our Bachelors.
Some people prefer jobs directly after their graduation, some prefer to go for higher studies be it MBA/M tech/MS. To pursue for any of these higher degree courses, we have to give entrance exams. Depending upon the area of interest, possible options that strike in our mind are UPSC,GMAT,GRE,GATE,CAT etc.
A recent study by Times of India shows that Indian students are showing more interest in Graduate Record Examination (GRE) than any other exam.
Before knowing about Graduate Record Examination (GRE), lets us discuss what makes Graduate Record Examination (GRE) such a popular examination among Indians.
We all know that a person with Master’s degree competitive edge over the one with bachelor’s. He has more technical skills as he has more exposure to practical work.
A report by Education Today Magazine shows that foreign universities provide better quantity and quality of practical knowledge and experience. So pursuing Masters from a foreign university is certainly more rewarding. This clearly shows why Indian youth is more interested in Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ).
What is GRE?
GRE: Graduate Record Examination
It is a compulsory examination for those who wish to pursue their Masters or PhD from UK,USA,Canada or any other English speaking country. This test is conducted in two formats:
- Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) Subject Tests: Through this ,your knowledge of particular field of study is measured.
- Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) General Test: This is basically an aptitude test.
Before knowing the Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) exam pattern let us first discuss about the Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) eligibility criteria .
Read this: Luxury Brand Management 2014
Graduate Record Examination Eligibility criteria
For seeking admission in any of Master program in US :
- Bachelor Degree is the minimum requirement as per Graduate Record Examination eligibility criteria .
Exam Pattern of Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) General Test
- Verbal reasoning: Measures your ability to evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, measures your ability to recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- Quantitative Reasoning — Measures problem-solving ability of the student. focus on basic concepts of algebra, data analysis, arithmetic and geometry.
- Analytical Writing — Measures analytical writing and critical thinking skills, your ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively
A unique feature of Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) is that it can be taken at any time of the year. All you have to do is book a date to write GRE.
When to start?
This is the question that strikes in the mind of most of the pre final year and final year students. Many believe that a rigorous preparation is required in order to crack Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) . But it is not so. GRE is not a very tough exam.
How to prepare for Graduate Record Examination ( GRE )
During first and second year:
There’s nothing much that you need to do during first and second year.
- Apply for your passport.
- Improve your vocabulary.
During third year:
- Look for the schools of your interest and professors with whom you would like to work.
- Take up the Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) exam.
- Take up the TOEFL exam.
During fourth year:
- Fill up application forms well in advance and mail them.
- After completing the formalities of application form, email the professors/departments requesting an assistantship.
You can get all notifications related to Graduate Record Examinations on the http://www.ets.org official website . Applicant can register them online either on the official website or by pressing the below button .
What can get you a good scholarship?
- Whether you like it or not, CGPA plays a very important role.
- Try to publish your technical work in local conferences. For this, it is important to pick a faculty as your adviser and work with him to produce impressive technical work . They can give recommendations when you need it for your Graduate Record Examination ( GRE ) . Having publications and visiting the conferences reflects positively on your ability to pursue higher education.
- Learning MATLAB and Mathematica also plays an important role. You should also be familiar with C++/Java. Software skills sometimes might help you get an assistantship…!
Must share Graduate Record Examination GRE 2014,Graduate Record Examination exam date,Graduate Record Examination eligibility criteria with your online friends .