Ranking of Website
Role of SEO:
It is believed that SEO accounts for 25 percent to the ranking of a website done by the search engine. This is very important to help search engines know how to rank a website. If one skipped over it and did the other 75 percent, they would loose a large amount of traffic. On-page SEO does more than just define a site for search engine rankings. It assures that consumers will find it easy to navigate as well. That is the end purpose of SEO, after all: to better serve consumers on the web.
Search Engine Ranking Factors Click Here
Reasons why search engines will crawl a site:
There are three basic reasons why search engines will crawl a site. The first is that spiders will come when a site is first created. This might take a few months but they will come automatically. The next two are based on how often a site’s content is updated and if one re-submits their site to be crawled. An ideal website must have these following features in order to have good search engine ranking:
1. Title Tags
They give a clear definition to search engines on what people should find on that page. •Every page should have a different and relevant title tag •Title tags should be no longer than 70 characters (including spaces) •Optimal example: Primary keyword | Secondary keyword – Brand Name
2. Meta Description
While meta keywords are no longer important to on-page SEO, meta descriptions are still very relevant. Once again, the description should be specific to that page as it will show under the title tag in the SERPs. •Maximum 160 characters (including spaces) •Includes targeted and relevant keywords for that page •Entices the user to click on the link in the SERPs
3. Infrastructure and Internal Linking
Websites should have a simple, comprehensive and easy-to-use navigation. One should make sure a search bar is always on the page and breadcrumbs help direct both the spiders and customers through the site. It’s important to try to make all important information no more than three clicks away from the homepage.
Each page should be assigned different keywords. Keyword density should, at the very max, be three percent of the page’s content. The spiders no longer tolerate keyword stuffing and one will get banned from the search engines. A good strategy is for one to choose one or two keywords to relevantly apply to their site. For example, the health section of a women’s magazine should use the keywords “women’s health” and “fitness” at appropriate places on that page. One should make sure to include versions of the keywords in the title tag, meta description, internal linking on other pages, headline and breadcrumbs.
5. XML Sitemap
A Sitemap.xml is the guide one writes out for the spiders to follow. Site owners should include the importance of each page in the XML. Sitemap.xml is different than the website’s sitemap. Sitemap.xml is strictly for spiders. Website owners should also create one to help users navigate their site.
Common mistakes that could hurt their on-page SEO:
- Duplicate content: Whether it is duplicate content on the site or someone copying the information, in order to eliminate the possibility of a penalty, one should use rel=canonical or another technique.
- Page load time: How quickly a site loads matters to Google and to the busy customer. It’s important to learn what might be slowing down the load time and fix it.
- Broken or spammy links: Google’s most recent update to their algorithm punishes sites for spammy links. Many websites, especially large ones, can accrue broken links over time and even missing pages. One can use 301 redirects to save inbound links and the SEO value of those links.
- Images: Images add a little extra benefit to help SEO called the alt tag. It’s a short description one adds to images in case they aren’t shown. One should use keywords related to the image to help on-page SEO. It’s proven that a picture of a smiling person on a website will increase conversions and leads.
There are two other times Google will crawl a site:
- Companies should update their site often to keep consumers informed and to qualify for the freshness factor in search engines. When one updates their content, the spiders will once again crawl the site. This is a good time to make any SEO updates and to continue to perfect content and interlinking strategy.
- At anytime, one can submit a website to be re-crawled by spiders. For instructions to submit a site, one should go to Google’s webmasters page.
Don’t Be Selfish,must share this with your online friends .